Click on the icons below to jump to the category or browse through the questions to find your answer.


United Auto Credit does not currently have a contract refinancing program.


If you wish to speak directly with a United Auto Credit representative, please call us at 888-895-6134. Representatives are available from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm (CT) Monday thru Thursday, 7:00 am to 8:00 pm (CT) on Friday, and 8:00 am to 12:00 pm (CT) on Saturday.

Our goal is to provide you with the most efficient onboarding process in the industry. If you have questions regarding the status of your contract you can contact our Funding Department at (866) 987-6508, or reach us online via live chat.


All United Auto Credit account payments made by mail should be sent using the payment stub and return envelope provided with your monthly billing statement. If for any reason you do not receive your monthly billing statement and still wish to send your payment by mail, please use the following address:

United Auto Credit
PO Box 660017
Dallas, TX 75266-0017

You can also download a duplicate copy of your statement from our website by logging in.

Yes. To set up your account for recurring monthly automatic withdrawal directly from your checking or savings account, visit our Payment Options page and following the instructions under Automatic Withdrawal. This is a a free service.

In addition to making payments by mail and recurring monthly automatic withdrawal, United Auto Credit offers customers a variety of options for making individual payments.

Online/Phone: Online and telephone payments may be made from your checking or savings account (ACH), ATM card (with a STAR, PULSE or NYCE logo), or debit card (Visa, Mastercard or Discover).

Cash: We have also partnered with PayNearMe at 7-Eleven and CVS as well as CheckFreePay locations, ACE Cash Express stores, Western Union and MoneyGram to accept your cash payments.

To see all of your payment options now, visit our Payment Options page. Please note that you will need your seventeen (17) digit United Auto Credit account number to complete your payment transaction, and that transaction fees apply to all of these payment options except ACH and payments by mail.

No. All United Auto Credit payments are due on or before the scheduled due date, and are considered delinquent at one day past due. Finance charges will accrue on the full outstanding principal balance until the date your payment is received and posted to your account. Late charges may be assessed up to applicable state law.

Payments received for your United Auto Credit account will automatically be applied in the following order until the total amount of the payment has been used:

  1. accrued finance charges due;
  2. principal up to the amount necessary to pay the remaining balance of any past due or currently due payments and the next scheduled payment;
  3. outstanding unpaid fees (i.e., late payment charges);
  4. principal – after all past due payments and/or unpaid fees have been satisfied, any remaining funds from your payment will be applied directly to your principal balance.

Although the amount applied to the principal balance may advance your due date (depending upon the amount) no additional finance charges will be assessed on the amount applied to principal.


To view your payoff balance, log in to your account and view the Payoff Balance section. The "Payoff Amount" line shows the total amount currently due to pay off your account. If you haven’t registered for an online account, you may also request the payoff balance by calling (888) 895-6134. You will be prompted to enter information specific to your account to generate a payoff amount that will be good for ten (10) days from the date you receive it.


Yes, you can! Click here to sign up for paperless billing.

United Auto Credit sends all customers a monthly billing statement approximately two weeks prior to their scheduled due date. If you experience problems or have questions about your billing statement, please call us at (888) 695-6134, reach out via Live Chat, or email us at

If you do not receive your billing statement you can still make your payment as long as you have your United Auto Credit account number. Please visit our Payment Options page to review the different payment services available to you. If you choose to send your payments by mail please always write your name and your United Auto Credit account number on your check or money order, and allow five (5) days for mailing time to ensure that your payment is received on or before your due date. Do not mail cash.

Finance charges accrue on a daily basis on the unpaid principal balance and it is always based on the principal balance. Interest on interest is not charged.

Insurance & Impounds

If your vehicle is impounded for any reason, please call United Auto Credit immediately at 888-895-6134 One of our representatives will be available to assist you. By acting quickly you have the best chance of expediting the return of your vehicle, and saving yourself hundreds of dollars.

Insurance checks written for the repair of your vehicle or payment of your account are typically made payable to you and United Auto Credit. In some cases these checks will be made payable to the repair shop as well. Upon receipt of a check from your insurance company, please endorse the check and forward it to the following address:

United Auto Credit
PO BOX 845736
Los Angeles, CA 90084-5736

All Overnight Mail by special couriers should be sent to the actual site address listed below and should reflect the Lockbox Services and the Lockbox Number in the reference section of the air bill:

Lockbox Services 845736
Attn: United Auto Credit Corporation
3440 Flair Drive
El Monte, CA 91731

Titles & Registrations

Title Changes

The first step is to visit the website or local office that maintains vehicle registration and/or titles of the state where you recently relocated. You can obtain information regarding individual state requirements and/or time frames in which the transfer of registration must be completed. If you are unsure how to access the website for your state, you can use google or your internet search bar and search for your state DMV. From these sites, you can access and download forms you may need, get general information regarding standard transactions, and/or obtain contact information for your local DMV or tag office so you may ask more specific questions. If you are member of the AAA, you can also go to the local AAA office and process registration documents through the AAA.

In the event that your state requires the existing title be surrendered in order to reissue a new title, please request the title clerk at your local DMV or tag office to send United Auto Credit a request for the title. Be advised that United Auto Credit must be listed as the first lienholder on the new title. The request can be emailed to or mailed to:

United Auto Credit
Title Department
PO BOX 163049
Fort Worth, TX 76161

Once the request is received from the DMV or tag office, United Auto Credit will arrange for the title to be mailed directly to the DMV or tag office making the request. Please allow a minimum of three (3) weeks for the DMV or tag office to receive and process the request for the new title. All requests for title are sent via regular, first-class mail. If you would like the documents overnighted by Fed-Ex, please include a $25 check and we will 2-day Fed-EX the documents to the indicated DMV office.

For customers in KY, MD, MI, MN, and MO: You should receive your new title directly from the state DMV shortly after purchasing the vehicle. If you previously resided in one of these states and do not have the title, you will need to contact the DMV or tag office in your former state of residence in order to obtain a duplicate title.

For customers in AZ, CA, FL, GA, HI, ID, KS, LA, MA, NE, NY, OH, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, and WI: These states offer and/or require electronic titles. You will be responsible for the payment of all fees and expenses associated with the processing of a duplicate title.

If you would like to check the status of your State-to-State transfer request, or have additional questions, you may contact United Auto Credit’s Title Department at (888) 376-7149.

Under certain circumstances and at sole discretion of United Auto Credit, yes.

  • To ADD someone to your title:
    • If a customer is on the contract but not on the title, they can be added. If they are not listed on the contract, they cannot be added to the title.

  • To REMOVE someone from your title
    • In the case of death and other special situations, a name may be removed from the title with the appropriate documentation (i.e., death certificate, divorce decree, or court documents).
      Note: Even if a name is removed from the title, all parties on the contract will remain contractually obligated to make payments.

  • To CHANGE your name on a title:
    • A name can be changed due to marriage, divorce, or formal name change with appropriate documentation (i.e., marriage license, divorce decree, or court documents).

NOTE: You are responsible for the payments of all fees and expenses associated with these transactions.

Account Payoff/Receiving Title

Once your contract/account balance has been satisfied in full, the title release process will begin. Final payment by certified funds (cashier’s check/Cash payment at a designated payment site) could allow for a quicker release of your title versus final payment by non-certified funds (personal check or ACH). United Auto Credit typically sends the appropriate paid in full documents via regular, first-class mail within 10 business days of the account balance being satisfied. If United Auto Credit is listed as the lien holder on your title, you will receive the title or release of lien in a separate mailing. To expedite delivery, please provide our Titles Department with your FedEx account number and we will overnight your title at your expense.

For titles in the state of Florida and Ohio, you must go to your local DMV to obtain the paper title. In California and Massachusetts, the title will only be sent to the address listed on your account with United Auto Credit; therefore, you must confirm your current address with United Auto Credit.

If you received the title from United Auto Credit it is recommended that you visit your local DMV or tag office and apply for a lien-free title. A lien remains attached to the VIN in the state’s system of record until you, the registered owner, request that it be removed and show proof that the lien has been paid. If you choose not to apply for a lien-free title, and the title is misplaced or damaged in any way, you will then need to contact United Auto Credit for a release of lien before you will be able to apply for a duplicate title from your state. The fee to apply for a lien-free title varies by state. You are responsible for the payments of all fees and expenses associated with these transactions.

If your vehicle is titled in AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, LA, MA, NE, NV, NY, NC, OH, PA, SC, SD, WI, TX, VA, WA: United Auto Credit’s lien is recorded electronically; therefore, United Auto Credit will contact your state’s titling agency to remove it’s lien from your title. If you need a paper title, please visit your state titling agency’s website for information on obtaining a paper title.

You may sell or trade in your vehicle; however, United Auto Credit will release its lien and/or title only after the contract has been satisfied in full. Once the account is satisfied in full, United Auto Credit will forward either the respective document or a release of lien to the registered owner or other authorized party. The document sent by United Auto Credit will need to be attached to the title in order to complete any future transactions with that title. Request must be received in writing at the time of final payment to authorize the release of the title/lien to anyone other than the registered owner of the vehicle. The UACC account holder is responsible for the completion of the payoff regardless if the funds come from a 3rd party. If you have questions or need a payoff authorization form, please contact us at 866-253-8910.

If you trade in your vehicle to a dealer, the dealership will typically take care of an account payoff and title collection as part of the transaction. Once the account has been satisfied, title release documents will be forwarded directly to the dealership that paid off the account. Be advised, that you will remain contractually obligated for payments, interest, and late fees until a payoff is received. Make sure that the trade-in is listed on the new contract as a trade and reflects the payoff to United Auto Credit Company.

NOTE: To expedite delivery, please provide our Titles Department with your FedEx account number or include a $25 check and we will overnight your title. Electronic titles cannot be overnighted.

If you received a title with lien release from us, you may transfer ownership and remove the lien in one transaction by signing over the title to the new owner on the back of the title.

If you live in KY, MD, MI, MN, MO, MT, NY, OK, SD: you should have received your title from the state shortly after you purchased your vehicle. You can attach the release of lien document you receive from United Auto Credit to the title and sign over ownership of the vehicle. If, however, you did not receive or have misplaced the title, you will need to apply for a duplicate title before moving forward with the sale of your vehicle. If you have received a release of lien and do NOT live in one of the states listed, you will need to apply for a duplicate title before moving forward with the sale of your vehicle.

If you have additional questions regarding how to transfer the title of your vehicle, visit your state website or local DMV or tag office.

If you paid your account off over 20 business days ago, please contact United Auto Credit at (888) 376-7149 or email to

Each state has its own title procedure. The best way to determine a states’ process is to visit your local DMV’s website or contact us directly at (888) 376-7149.

Some states offer and/or require lienholders to participate in electronic title programs, called ELT (Electronic Lien and Title) or e-title programs. If you reside in one of the states listed below, it is possible that a paper title was not required to be processed. Instead, the title is held as an electronic record and will only be printed upon request of the lien holder and/or registered owner.

The following states are electronic title states: AZ, CA, FL, GA, ID, KS, LA, MA, MD, NE, NY, OH, NC, NV, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA.

In title holding states (OK, MD, MI, MN, MO, NY, KS, KY, SD) you should have received a paper title at the time of purchase. At the time of contract/account satisfaction in a title holding state, United Auto Credit will send a lien release. You will need to take the title and lien release to the DMV or Secretary of State to have the lien removed from the title. A title can only be sent to the address listed on the account. If you have moved, you must update your address with United Auto Credit to receive title at the new address.

NOTE: MD is both a title holding and ELT state.

United Auto Credit will provide you with a lien release and then you are responsible for obtaining a duplicate title from the DMV.

Lien Release

Please contact United Auto Credit’s Title Department at (888) 376-7149. They will be able to provide you with a lien release. If your account was satisfied more than 20 days ago, please contact the Title Department at (888) 376-7149 or send an email to

Contact United Auto Credit’s Title Department at (888) 376-7149 or send an email to and advice of lienholder name.

Email or Fax a copy of your ID, current address, VIN, vehicle make and model to United Auto Credit at (949) 296-3726 or

Live Chat