(Effective January 2018)
- 1. General Privacy Statement
- 2. Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
When you visit our Sites, we collect and store personal information (“Personal Information”) about you, from the information you provide us, which may include, but is not limited to:
- Date of birth;
- Mailing address;
- Phone numbers;
- E-mail address;
- Account number; or
- Social security number
- 3. Normal Website Usage and Cookies
- 4. How We Use Information
The information United Auto Credit® collects from and about you is used to increase your service and experience on our Sites. We may use your information:
- To process and respond to your inquiries and requests;
- To inform you about important information regarding the Sites, your account, products or services for which you apply or may be interested in applying for, or in which you are already enrolled, changes to terms, conditions, and policies, and/or other administrative information;
- To personalize your experience on our Sites;
- To allow you to apply for services and evaluate your eligibility for such services;
- To verify your identity and/or location in order to allow access to your account, conduct online transactions, and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of account and personal information;
- For business purposes, including data analytics, audits, developing and improving products and services, enhancing Sites, and identifying usage trends;
- For risk control and management, for fraud detection and prevention;
- To allow you to participate in surveys and other forms of market research, sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which may contain additional information about how Personal Information is used and shared;
- To comply with applicable legal requirements.
- 5. Disclosure of Information
Please see the United Auto Credit Privacy Notice for information on how Personal Information may be shared and how you may be able to limit certain types of sharing.
- 6. Social Media Features
- 7. Do Not Track
Some internet browsers offer a "do not track" feature. When enabled, your browser sends a signal to the sites you visit directing the sites not to track your activity. There is no common understanding of how to respond to these signals. Therefore, currently our Website does not respond to "do not track" signals. If you do not wish to be tracked, disabling or deleting cookies may limit some forms of tracking. Disabling or deleting cookies may affect your user experience on our Website including preventing the usage of certain features or functions.
- 8. Links to Other Sites
We may provide links to third party sites, such as payment providers and social media websites. If you follow links to sites not affiliated or controlled by United Auto Credit®, you should review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions, as they may be different from those of our Sites. United Auto Credit® does not guarantee and is not responsible for the privacy or security of these sites, including the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of their information.
- 10. Children's Privacy
Our Sites are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13) nor do we market our products or services to such children. We do not knowingly collect any data from children. Our products and services are not available to anyone who is not of legal age to enter into an enforceable contract.